Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Letter to My Husband...

My dearest husband,



For the past 6 years of my life, I have loved you dearly. I have put my heart and soul into our marriage and relationship. I never claimed to be the perfect wife, as a matter of fact I am well aware that I am not. I know how hard I am to get along with and I know how hard it is to live with me. I may not have been perfect but I put forth one hell of an effort.



You have chosen to leave this house. You have chosen to leave your wife. You have chosen to leave your children. You have chosen to leave this family. That was a choice that YOU made. One day, I don't know when, but one day you will see what a mistake that was. I could preach till I was blue in the face but what good would it do?



You have lied to me for the past 6 years. Every aspect of our life together is in fact a lie. Every story you ever told was a lie. Every thing that made me laugh was a lie. Every heartbreaking story you ever told to gain my sympathy was a lie. You are a liar.



You have taken everything away from me that you could. (Or that I would let you) You stole my happiness. You stole my security. You stole my trust in men (what little there was). You stole my childrens happiness. You kept money from us. You tried to take my faith. You took my friends away from me. You tried to take my family away from me. You are a thief.



I am so sad to say that I don't know the real you. I wanted so badly to know the real you that I overlooked many things that should NEVER be overlooked. Part of me wants to be sad at the thought that another woman will know the real you. But then I remember you can't be real with anyone. ANYONE. And that includes yourself. You have put on a show from day one. Your show is worse now than what it ever has been. You are a fake.



You left more than just a wife. You left 4 children. 2 by blood but 2 by heart. These girls loved you. You made it a point for them to love you, but you didn't love them back. These boys will never remember you living here. And I am so glad of that. I am so happy at the thought that they will never remember the screaming, the fights, the cussing, the lying. That part makes me feel good. But these girls will remember. Everything. You may think that it doesn't matter because you are not their blood father, but you are wrong. You are just as responsible for them as their blood father. No, you are more responsible than him. You made a commitment to me, to the girls and to God that you would be the father to them that HE never was. YOU made that commitment and then YOU broke it. You chose to leave 4 children. You abandoned them.



You are a fake, abandoning, thieving liar. You are not good enough for me. Never have been, never will be.



Love your ever supporting wife.

1 comment: