Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Devin













Tuesday is Devin's birthday. He will be 7. It's hard to believe that he was only 10 months old when I first met him. I miss him.

His mom was nice enough to let him come over today for about an hour and a half. I have missed him more than I knew. When I hugged him (I cried) he hugged me back tight...and didn't let go. I know that he misses us too.

All of the kids were so excited to see him. I think Micah was the most. He has been talking about him a lot lately.

Everything going on in this house is NOT the kids fault and it's wrong for them to have to suffer. That part makes me VERY VERY sad. The rest of it...not so much! Anyway I digress.

During this 1 1/2 hour visit, the kids managed to exchange hellos, wrestle, play in their room, eat popcorn, watch tv, play outside and eat a fudgesicle. Just as it was time for Devin's mom to come and pick him up I remembered to get the camera. So I got a few shots of the kids together.

Who knows how long it will be before Devin can be back at my house again so I enjoyed every second of his being here. I am grateful to God and Jennie for allowing us the time to have with Devin today.



3 comments:

DJS said...

Too cute!!!

Kelly said...

I miss that Devin...

Kimberly said...

I think it's great that Jennie brought him over. And, honestly, that Micah made me laugh so hard. That picture is halarious!