Friday, January 30, 2009

The Sensitive One

I am trying to pack stuff without packing stuff, if that makes any sense. So yesterday I decided to take Tucker's crib down. Number 1, he doesnt sleep in it anymore. Number 2, I can consign it to help with bills, Number 3 it's just in the way. So, I just decided to take it down. Mistake??? I didn't tell him ahead of time. He walked into the room and got this absolute look of despair on his face. All he could say was "HEY!" "Hey!" "hey!" Then he stood there real still and his bottom lip touched the ground. His eyes welled with tears. One lone little fist went up to his eye and stayed there without moving. I looked at him and said and softly as possible "Come here baby" He wouldn't. He just stood there and silently wept over his bed being gone.

When I finally convinced him to come sit on my lap I explained to him that the crib was for a baby. I asked him if he was a big boy and he said "Huh" (which means yes). I asked him if he was a baby and he said "no". So I said "So do you need that crib?"

He said yes.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Poor Kucker! He's such a cool little baby boy. I love him!