Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Curse you Gluten

At 11:30 last night my darling almost 2 year old starts whimpering in his sleep. I go to his room and console him, he goes back to sleep, thus I go back to bed. Only 5 minutes later he's doing it again. So, go, console, sleep, bed. Only 5 minutes later he's doing it again. So, go, console, sleep, bed, again. Only guess what? 5 minutes later HE'S DOING IT AGAIN. Stupid me thinks he is having a bad dream. It takes about 8 or 9 trips to his bed before the light switch actually goes on. "Hello McFly! This is what we did for months on end before we went gluten free!"

So this trip to his bed, he goes back to my bed with me. Cry, sob, weep then I ask HIM how HE is doing. Haha. First thought "Call Timmie! She can tell me something." Do you know what she told me? Bumpkus! (Sorry Tims) I was wanting her to wave her majic wand and she didn't. Bah!

Next option, wake up Ryane. "Ryane!" "Huh? What? Zzzz." (mind you it's after midnight now) "RYANE!" "What?" "What did Tucker eat today when you two were here?" (like knowing was gonna change anything) "Uh, I don't know. A bite of my oatmeal and some chips" Once again Bah!

So, back to bed we go. Only there was no sleeping. We tossed and turned. Stood up and laid down. Laid off the bed, laid on the bed. Used the pillow as a bed, used the bed as a bed, used mommy as a bed. Cried, dozed (never for more than 2 minutes at a time) cried some more. I saw EVERY possible number on that clock last night. Oh the horror.

What do you do when your poor innocent little baby is writhing in agony and you can do NOTHING and I really mean NOTHING about it? I talked to him, cuddled him, prayed over him, cried over him, rubbed his back, rubbed him tummy. I would have stood on my head if I thought that would do any good. But alas. Nothing worked but time.

Finally at 5 am he dozed off one last time, so did I. Then at 5:09 I awoke to the sound of my alarm going off (which had been going off for 4 minutes by then.) Time to get up it called. Time to take care of the other ailing child. So out of bed I drug myself and took Micah to get tubes put in his ears. And that was all before 6 am.

All I can say is BAH!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh, sister. I guess the job of a mommy is on going. I wish I could have helped, but you gotta ride it out just like you did. That's the only thing I could do during all my own episodes. At least he doesn't have a stomach that has issues with "slow emptying" like mine where the food just sits in there and doesn't digest or pass through. That's a bright spot, right? :)

Kimberly said...

Oh, and I think we're the only ones who get "BAH!" - and Kelly. :)