Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween

Oh the joys of going house to house collecting candy with you mother worrying about strangers and razors in the apples and poison in the candies, well that is a life no more for me (at least while I live in Campbellsville) For you see, we have wonderful churches in town that set up Trunk of Treats. A bunch of church members decorate the trunk of their car, pull up a chair and pass out candy to the bazillion kids that stop by. It's great! I love it! We hit 3 churches and the University and by the time we do that, it's time to go home. On the way home we walk down one road, one way and that is it. But then of course we go to grandma's house too.

What's funny is that last night (halloween) I called grandma to say "we will be there in a little while" and do you know that she had the nerve to tell me that she wasn't going to have anything for her precious grandchildren? I talked her into it although she didn't want to. So, we are on the way to grandma's house and Gracie chimes in from the back seat "Mommy, Grandma always has the best stuff on Halloween"

NOW, who out there would like to give grandma a good tongue lashing? I was ready to, but I didn't. I just made it a point to tell her what Gracie had to say...you know the good old fashioned guilt trip.

Onto the costumes...Devin was with his mother this halloween so we didn't get to trick or treat with him but he was a Ninja. Gracie wore a lovely, flowy, ballerina type, longer, lavendar number. Doesn't really have a name but she looked beautiful. Ryane went as a Flapper Girl. Absolutely hilar! And last but definitely not least, Micah was my Teddy Bear. They were all so cute, pictures will have to be developed and posted.

I know, I know it's called a digital camera but personally I like the good old fashioned 35mm. It's takes better pictures, plus it's like opening a present...you are never sure what you get until you open it.

That was our halloween and we liked it!

1 comment:

Pat V said...

We had our halloween on Saturday. The church has a Harvest Fest usually on Halloween but this year it was on sat. We have about 5-6oo people come through. There is candy, music, skits, food, food, food and games. (Uncle frank is in the worship band). There was a "bake-off this year for the ladies of the church. I made Dot's strawberry cake. It was perfect! I had decorated it with freash strawberries and sprinkled powered sugar over them. I didn't win. :-) But everybody gave it rave reviews. Anyway, I was sick and couldn't go...bummer.
See you Thanksgiving!!