Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The unexpected gift is the most cherished gift...

Very little means more than knowing that someone is thinking of you, whether it is a kiss on the nape of the neck, a card slipped into your hand, or flowers sent to your home. Can you think of anything better to put a smile on your face?

I got flowers today! For no reason! It has been so long since I received flowers that I didn't know what they were for at first. Then it register in this piddly brain of mine that somebody loves me! Who, you might ask? Well, my hubby of course. The man that swears I cannot be surprised. (It is really hard to surprise me but that's a blog of a different color) He surprised me today. I love it! Aren't surprises the absolute best? I surprised him too but that story is not for the faint of heart.

Onto the kids, Micah has 2, count them 2 teeth! I am so not ready for him to be 6 months old already. I love when he first wakes up in the mornings. His little puffy eyes are straining against the morning light breaking in the room. He blinks several times before he can focus on me, but when he does I fall in love all over again! Who would think that a baby boy could have brought me this much joy? Don't get me wrong, I love Devin with all of my heart but I don't get to see him go to bed each night and wake up each morning. I can get up in the night and peep in on Micah and see him slumbering in his bed. I must be quiet about it though, for if he awakens while I am staring at him, he thinks that it is time to play.

Ok, so we are driving by Mcdonalds to day and Ryane from the back seat says "mom? Who is McRib? He is back at Mcdonalds"

On a wonderful closing note, tonight we sat around the dinner table as a family (which I love doing) and ate chili dogs (hey, I aint emeril). ANYWAYS, like I was saying we were sitting around the table as a family and out of the blue, Marcus says I love you because...then he proceeds to go around the table and tell each person 1 thing he loves about them. Then we all took a turn. I love the family table, you can't get any better than that! Well, yes you can. After dinner we all went to church together.

2 comments:

Pat V said...

Leanne...amen and amen to this blog!!!!!!!!

Kelly said...

ok where did you find this place in your life where you are so complete? I am so excited for you and Marcus. I love you both!