Monday, November 07, 2005

Watching Children Play...

One of the most fun things to do is to watch children play. They have the most fun with the littlest things. We have a back/face massager and the girls have gotten it out and are massaging each others backs with it. I can hear them from the kitchen laughing and carrying on while they make noises just to hear their voices quiver!

The girls got to stay at Grandma's last night since they didn't have school today. They have so much fun over there, I think it is one of their favorite places to go. I don't even think that they do much else at Grandma's then they do at home but they LOVE it. Micah and I met them at the park today for a Lee's chicken picnic. Oh, if only you knew how hard it is to eat mashed potatoes and gravy without a fork or a spoon. Mom called it making memories with the girls, I called it using chicken bones and container lids as silverware. We had fun none the less! The girls ate quickly so they could go play in the park before we had to come home. I looked over at one point and Gracie was on her hands and knees and Ryane was using her back as a climbing tool. Hmmm, Kim did I ever do that to you?

Micah bear has a runny nose today. Everything he chews on gets covered in slobber and snot, including me. Poor baby. We slept in this morning since the girls weren't here. You go back to bed thinking "yeah, I can get a little more rest" then you wake up thinking "that was a horrible dream, I never should have gone back to bed" That sucks! I just wanted to catch up on my sleep though. Micah had me up from 2-5am Sat. night. Marcus got up at the end of all of it and tried to help but when Micah realized I wasn't around and he was dozing back off, he started to cry again. I finally put him in bed with me only to realize that the Apple/Prune juice he had the previous day was working it's magic. After a lengthy diaper change and a second nursing session, he finally went back to sleep. So did I, but we still had to get up for church, drudge! I love church BUT it is just so hard when you are missing crucial sleep. But we went anyway and it was nice...till choir practice last night. Yeesh! The choir director was a little grumpy himself, he even didn't answer two of my questions! The nerve of some people!

WE SOLD THE WHITE CAR!!! YEAH!!!!!

The following conversation took place while switching the title to the car over to Crystal's name (the girl who bought the car)

Crystal to Micah: Do you want to come home with me? (in a sing songy kinda voice)

Me to Crystal: Oh, you'd like him till it was time to eat.

Crystal: Why, does he get cranky when he's hungry? (still in a sing songy kinda voice)

Me: No, he is just breastfed. (typical answer I give)

C: Oh, so is she (pointing to her 5 month old daughter)

M: (completely shocked because she doesn't look or act the part!) Oh really, that is GREAT. It makes for such healthy babies. They are so much smarter too!

C: You'd never know that with my son! (2). I breastfed him and he ain't very smart at all.

M: (shocked even more) Oh, I am sure that he is going to be a VERY smart little boy! (in a sing songy voice, trying hard not to show how awkward I felt)

C: Well, I was breastfed too but I ain't very smart either... well, I am the smartest one in my family though.

Now, how is that for a breastfeeding advocate? People like that make me want to keep it a secret that I live in KY. (note, she came to the courthouse in her pajamas) Now, normally I would not a make a big deal out of this next point but I guess it is a crucial point in the life of this girl. She went through the welfare office to get help purchasing her car. We all know that I have been there done that and I am pro-help when you need it but...this girl is the embodiment of the welfare stereotype!


The new breastfeeding logo: Breastfeed your baby, it don't make em no smarter!

3 comments:

DJS said...

Let's see you wear "that" T-shirt to church!!

Unknown said...

Funny Story. Sad that it's true though. The funniest part is that she came to the courthouse in her pj's. My mother-in-law is from KY so I I'm used to silly things like that (although I don't think I have ever seen her in pj's) but it's funny everytime.

Pat V said...

This is just hilarious!!! More fodder for the "red-neck" crowd.
P.