Thursday, April 23, 2009

Read on little ones...read on

One of my most favorite things to see is my boys looking at books. I want them to love reading so much more than I do. It's always been a chore for me, no matter what the book. My girls, unfortunately were not "trained" to love books so they don't. Basically they just read what they have to read for school and that is it. My boys however are really into books right now and I really hope to develop that love even deeper.

I try and read books to them for bed and if I can't make it then one of the girls is usually glad to step in and read to them. Reading is the boys favorite part of the bedtime routine. They get so into the books we are reading, it makes me feel very bad for not pushing it for the girls too...one of those life long mother guilt issues.

Sigh.

No comments: