Saturday, April 04, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

Today was the annual Easter egg hunt at Peggy's house. Way out in the country. It was terribly fun and relaxing. I get no cell service out there so there were NO interuptions from anyone but especially from people that I do not feel like speaking with. The kids had a great time. All four of my kids were there but all total there were 17 kids.

They ran around the house gathering eggs as quick as they could. Of course the bigger kids were collecting as many as they could but my children were especially fun and made me proud. Tucker (2) collected 5 eggs and that was with mommy's help. Micah (3) ran around collecting as fast as he could but stopped when his bucket was filled. Both boys sat down on the porch step to find out what was in their eggs. They were proud and very happy. Grace (11) was late so she was the last one to hunt but still managed to get a bucket full. Ryane (12) who I am the MOST proud of, gave up her right to hunt for eggs and helped another little girl (2) hunt for eggs. Ryane just really made her mom proud today. Each one of the kids found at least one surprise egg and the surprise turned out to be a $3.00 gift certificate to DQ. On the way home I told Ryane that I was so proud of her and that I was going to take her to DQ for what she did helping the little girl. She was pretty pleased about that.

We were the last family to leave and I almost had to force myself to leave. It was so calm and peaceful out there. Just a quiet, relaxing day in the country. When we were finally trying to get to the car I had my arms full of different things that Peggy had sent home with me. Her grandson, Zach, laughed at me and said "You came with one arm load and you are leaving with a bunch more." I turned around and smiled at him and quoted "Give and it shall be given unto you..." That in itself was great to be able to do but as I got in the car I really thought about it. I went to Peggy's with a tray of 1 dozen deviled eggs. I came home with 3 1/2 dozen fresh farm eggs. I went with 1 bag of candy filled eggs. I came home with 1 bag of candy, 1 bucket full of candy filled eggs, cookies and cupcakes, that Ryane took to her friends house, a bowl of fresh cooked collard greens, a big bag of plastic eggs for next year and a heart filled with the love of good friends.
God truly is good to me.

No comments: