Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pica-Nica Day

Since today was absolutely amazing and I was a little down hearted, I decided to take the kids to the park for a pic-nic. I packed drinks, chips, cookies and made pb&j's. We grabbed a blanket threw on our shorts and headed out the door.
We arrived at the park at 1:30 and laid our pic-nic out. The kids ran off to the water immediately but left Tucker to nap on the blanket. I let the kids play for about 10-15 minutes and then called them over to eat. They all sat and enjoyed their sandwich; anymore a sandwich in our house is a BIG deal. So I enjoyed it too.

Tucker on the other hand slept through the whole thing.











After scarfing down their lunch, the kids ran back to the water to play some more and collect the little shells that are at the edge of the creek. We still haven't figured them out. They look like tiny little clams but nothing is in them if you crack them open. Weird.







Anyway, Tucker finally woke up and decided to eat a little bit of his sandwich. At which time a very cute little brown puppy decided that he wanted to have some of our pic-nic too. I do not like to touch dogs (they stink...even when they are clean) but decided to be nice and pet this cute little dog. Apparently he decided at the same time that he wanted to know what the inside of my mouth tasted like. Um, french kissed by a dog. Not my ideal date.



After convulsing on the ground from disgust and wiping my mouth about a gazillion times, Tuck and I decided to join the kids at the water. The puppy followed, I must have made a lasting impression. We collected shells for a bit and then went to the "walk across bridge" Not really sure who named it but that is what it is called.
The kids waded in the water a bit before deciding to play on the actual playground. After running around like chickens with their heads cut off at the playground, the kids wanted to go back to the water.




Back to the water we go and sploosh in the water we play. Cold and wet. Did I say cold? I would know because I put my feet in it for about 2 seconds. Um, yeah. COLD. By the time we left at 4:30, the girls were soaked from the waist down and the boys were soaked from head to toe. Fun times. Yeah, Tucker rode home completely naked...and liked it.



All in all, the park was the best thing we could have done today.

1 comment:

Laney said...

that must have been raelly fun i can't wait to do that with you guys