Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

It is officially Christmas in our house. Yesterday my husband and I went to Kroger and bought a 14.99 Christmas tree. Yes folks thats right I said 14.99. It is so close to Christmas that all of the trees THAT ARE LEFT are marked down to 14.99. So now I have a tree up in my house and it is almost standing up straight! As soon as my daddy brings some kind of wood blocks to prop it up, it will be straight.

So, as my husband was bowling last night, I proceeded to decorate our gimpy little tree. I placed each ornament on with loving care, then I picked them up off of the floor where they fell to and placed them on the tree again. Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree your leaning to far left! So as I continue to decorate my tree, I find myself leaning to the left to get some ornaments on. By the time it is all decorated, my tree is almost laying on the couch. Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree you're really on my nerves! Phone call..."Mom, gimpy leaning tree. Any ideas?" "Try cardboard" Ok, thanks for the idea BUT cardboard wont hold up in water. So papaw to the rescue he says use wood blocks. Haven't tried it yet but plan on it tonight.

Merry Christmas gimpy tree, Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

DJS said...

This will be a funny story to remember from Christmas to Christmas...

Pat V said...

all christmas trees are beautiful!
mainly because they belong to families and make good memories.
We have had some dilly's in the past even a silver metal tree with a turning colored spot light.
Merry Christmas, leanne, Marcus and all the babies. ( hope the two male babies are doing well by now.) AP