Monday, December 19, 2005

God's Timing is Better than Mine...

Ok, so it is now almost 1 week exactly since my surgery. Things are well, swollen, but well. Last night after I botched my solo in the christmas cantata, my mommy took me out for a banana split (boy did I need mine laced with rum!), then I came home and my husband gave me "permission" to lay aside my crutches if I promised not to cry anymore about my solo. Well, I didn't promise (although I didn't cry anymore) but he let me put them down anyway.

Hooray! I am finally off of them! I can tend to my house again! I can tend to my sick baby again! Yes, my very sick baby. Two ear infections, cold in his eyes and a general cold (so I thought) Hooray! Just as soon as I sleep in this morning, ok?! :)

Oh wait! What's this??? It's 6:50 am and my husband has collapsed on the bed and is mumbling something about calling in sick to work! How's that??? Come again??? I was sleeping in, remember? "You need to call work for me, I can't move" Up and out of bed I hop. "Do you need to go to the hospital?" "No, I am hurting all over" Doing the whole forearm to the forehead bit, "You are running a fever", I will call the doctor as soon as they open. Back in bed I lay down thinking I can still catch a few zzz's. Uh-uh, ain't gonna happen. After about 15 minutes of "I'm cold, I'm hot, I hurt, I'm gonna be sick" I realized that sleep was no longer an option, so out of bed again, ready to start my day of taking care of my two sick men (notice I didn't say babies...)

Off to the doctor, upper respitory infection not the flu like I thought (same symptoms). Three days home from work. Does anyone realize what this means? Ok wives, I know what you are thinking, does anyone else know what this means? This means that I am going to have one H of a time getting his christmas present together. I was counting on this week, Arg! What is a girl to do?

I don't know, I just have to remind myself that God's timing is better than mine. Pray for me. Oops I mean, my sick men. :)

1 comment:

DJS said...

You're a good Mommy...to your little babies, "and" your big baby.