Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Family Worth Anything is A Family Worth Everything

Let me begin by saying how much I love each and every member of our family (and one person who isn't a member...YET...no pressure). Each one of you holds a special place in my heart. I had so much fun on our Christmas weekend. I didn't want it to end, but I did, but I didn't, but I did.....

It was so nice to sit around and watch all of the kids open their christmas gifts. It seems like an eternity since we have all been together like that. I REALLY miss those times. I hearby swear to work harder to get together with my family. People have no idea what they are missing when they don't have a loving family to get together with. Even if there are eye rolls and grunts and people having a tiff, it is all worth it just to have a few moments together.

It was just as nice to sit around and watch the adults open their gifts. Shout out to Bretterbie, who succeeded in making Daddy cry. Good job man, Good Job! It was so nice to sit around with each other and talk about everything and nothing at the same time. I love you all so much. Good times people! Good Times!

Now, as we all know, I had my knee surgery yesterday. My momma is so great that she took me because my husband, God love him, had to work. What a wonderful surprise to wake up and see Marcus sitting in the recovery room looking at me! Yeah! He got off work early and came to sit with me! He doted on me all day yesterday and all night too. Then like a wonderful mommy, momma came over and sat with Micah and I today while everyone was gone. I like having days with my momma(girls-I know you are jealous). My daddy came to see me (although...I think there is a little boy who he wanted to see more. My mother-in-law sat with Micah while I had my surgery. She is just so great. I don't think that I tell her often enough how much she means to me. My father-in-law stopped by to see me, I swear I love that man more every day! Even the girls are helping me out as much as they can. They are so sweet to me..."do you want some water?"..."do you need anything?"...

I think, no, I KNOW that I have the most wonderful family possible! I love you all so much...
and NO, that's not any pain medicine talking...God blessed me with a 99 o/o painfree surgery. (Am I sacreligious if I say "shout out to the Big Man upstairs!)?

3 comments:

DJS said...

I like our family, too.

Kimberly said...

I'm really happy that you had a virtual pain free surgery...and I'm very jealous. This was not the case with mine and I'm a little bitter. :) Happy Knee Surgery!!! So glad you could join the club!

Pat V said...

Hey! I am about to join the knee club. 2nd tuesday in Jan. and it cannot come soon enough. It hurts me more and more each day.
I am glad your surgery went well, Leanne. I have been thinking about you. Yes, you do have a great Mommy and a great family. I love them ll also!
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!