Sunday, March 15, 2009

Memory Lane

As we were finishing up our lunch of spagetti and cheese bread, I noticed Grace playing with her food. The cheese bread was little rolls and Grace hollowed one out and was filling it with rotini noodles. I couldn't help but sit back and giggle at one of my favorite memories as a child...

Our family always ate dinner at the table, and "brown and serve" rolls were a staple in my teenage years. One day as we were eating dinner, I took a roll and hollowed it out, filled it with PEAS and plugged the hole back up. I then offered it to my younger sister, Kimberly. Without knowing what I had done to the roll, she gladly accepted my generous offer and proceeded to take a huge bite out of it. The reaction(hers) and the laughter(mine) that followed that bite is by far one of my best childhood memories.


Ah, good times. Hey, Kim...you wanna roll?

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I remember that pretty vividly!!! :) I'll pass on the rolls!