Sunday, March 26, 2006

When did I blink?

Ok, it is official! My baby is no longer and infant and is QUICKLY, oh so quickly, heading for toddlerhood. When did this happen? I just gave birth yesterday! I blinked and here we are. My baby is walking, chattering, and has decided that he no longer wants to nurse. I am happy and sad at the same time. What a bittersweet feeling I have. I FINALLY have my body back for myself! But that means my baby isn't a baby anymore! He is exploring and discovering quicker than I can handle. He knows what the nose is! If you say nose, he will touch either your nose or his! I love watching him grow and explore and discover, but at the same time I want to cry. He is just a baby! I am not ready for this! Why does it seem like the girls didn't grow this fast? Is it different because he is a boy? Is it different because I am not alone with him? What has made this dramatic difference? Or am I just making it all up in my head? Someone please console me!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh, honey!!! I am so grateful to God that He has given you this amazing little boy and that you literally soak up every second with him. Thank God for such an amazing lifelong blessing. You will always carry these memories...you think that you will never have them again, but you have them forever already.

Kelly said...

I remember looking at Caleb one day thinking "when did he lose his infanthood?" Straight from baby to little man. I think girls go from infants to toddlers to little girls to little woman...my son went from infant to little man. Skipped all the other steps.