Monday, March 13, 2006

It ain't just a river in Egypt...

DENIAL!!! That's what I like to live in! Last friday night there was a knock at the door. Marcus answered and there was a young black guy standing there asking if he could clean our carpet. Well, of course if it's free!

He was a KIRBY salesman. Yes, I let this man into my house full well knowing that I was not, I repeat not (and didn't) buying a vacuum cleaner. He proceeded to set up his vacuum while I got out our lovely Rainbow vacuum. Ma'am would you please vacuum your carpet so I can get started? Sure. Said with gritted teeth because I despise the Rainbow and all of the hassle that it represents to me. So, I vacuum with my Rainbow and sit back to watch someone else clean my carpet. So he does and he proceeds to show me his work on his little round filter paper. Oh yes! He liked very much to see my disgust at the dirt that was coming out of my freshly vacuumed carpet.

Mr. salesman turns to me and says "what it the most used piece of furniture that gets cleaned the least?" I say the couch of course. He says no, your bed. Follow me please, I would like to show you how dirty your mattress is. SO HE DOES. Ick! is all I have to say. I am sleeping on that?

Then he finishes his 1 1/2 demonstration in the hopes that my wonderful husband and I are going to purchase a $1,789.00 vacuum. I DON'T THINK SO! Hey, the kid still got paid for the job. He even called his "manager" in to see if he could sweeten the deal. NO GO! I am not paying that much money for a vacuum. So the manager says "How about $1,272.00. That is the manager special. Only the manager can offer that" Ha Ha! Still no!

So, Kirby boy got to leave with his Kirby, I got to have a rough riding head pounding eyeball popping headache for the rest of the night (because he stirred up so much dirt!) and Micah got to wake up with a snotty runny nose and a cough.

Thanks mr. Kirby guy, I would rather live in DENIAL!

No comments: