Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Proverbs 31:10-31 A virtuous woman

Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.

Got me to thinking...what is my price? Am I far above rubies? I would like to be. I know that I don't always do what I should, but how far off am I? I was reading my Bible this morning while Micah slept, and that is the passage that I read. Proverbs 31:10-31. I really like that passage.

There are many times when I want to grumble and groan for all of the things that I have to do. I never have any time to myself, I am always doing for other people. Even during the night (thanks Micah) I have really let my "position" slip since Micah was born. I have really been wanting to get back on track for a little while now, but Satan has been two steps ahead of me blocking my path. Well, I decided that it is time to plow him down and just get my poop in a group. It is time for things to change in my household, but FIRST they have to change in me.

My attitude stinks sometimes, ok a lot of times but none the less, it stinks. I realized that all of the things that I want to change in the house have to start in me. I am the one who runs the house on a daily basis, so if I don't change, they won't change. Reading my bible is the first step. I enjoy reading and learning so I don't know why it has to be such a struggle for me to sit down and read. Pray for me there.

vs.26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

Wow, did that one ever hit home. My tongue is not full of kindness like it should be. Pray for me there. I really want to strive to be a virtuous woman. You may laugh and think that it sounds silly but it is something that I really want and need to be. So I just ask you to pray for me.

Lord help me to be a virtuous woman.

4 comments:

DJS said...

I really believe God will bless your desire to be a virteous woman.
I for one will pray towards that end. Me loves you, Sissie.

Kimberly said...

I totally get your frustration with yourself!!! You sinner! It's so much like when Paul says he does things he doesn't want to do and doesn't do things he knows he should. And that was PAUL for crying out loud. One thing my pastor said was that let the Word be in you - not you in the word. So, I think meditating on those verses is a really good start!!! I want to do the same.

Kimberly said...

By the way, I don't mean not to read your Bible!!! Just to clarify.

Pat V said...

God will bless your desire and efforts...just keep on keeping on!!We all slip up a zillion times but then that is what God does...picks us up...kisses our boo-boo's and sets us on our feet.
You are and will continue to go grow into a beautiful, vituous women. I love you, and pray for you AP