Thursday, October 27, 2005

Hoops for Heart

Today is the day that Ryane has been looking forward to for about 3 weeks now. Today she gets to

play basketball to raise money for the American Heart Association. Basically this is how it will go down, a bunch of 4th graders will meet in the school gym and shoot aimlessly at the basketball goal. They don't have to make the shots just shoot Hoops, which I think is great. She collected $53 with help from her daddy. [which means he took her money form to work with him] She is so excited. She got to participate last year but it was called Jump for Heart and it went down the same way, only they jumped rope or just jumped in place. They were all so cute out there jumping around. I can't wait to see her today. It's not that she can play basketball at all, it's just the idea that she wants to participate in events like this. She is not going in this without a game plan though, the other day she came home and said that Rowland showed her how to play. Rowland is a little boy in her class at school.

She is proudly doing this today in honor of Grandma Dot.

That's a good part of my day that I get to look forward to. The bad part that I am not looking forward to is Micah's Flu Shot. He does ok with shots but I just hate having to get him any shots. His cry is just so pitiful. Speaking of pitiful cries, that is all I hear when I go to church now, him crying from the nursery. He doesn't want anything or anybody (including daddy), just mommy. And honestly, he stops crying when I go in there. I don't know what to do. He is not the kind of baby who will quit crying after a few minutes. It's like a crescendo, before long I have people looking at me during the service shooting me the "go get your kid look". The nursery workers are all getting frustrated because my kid is the only one who crys. There are two other babies in there his age that don't cry. One was even extremely collicy and he doesn't cry like Micah does...What is a mother to do?

No comments: