Thursday, August 28, 2008

On my own...again!

So, to start with I initially titled this blog "Alone...again!" But then I realized that I am never alone. My God is ALWAYS with me. So I changed it to On my own...again. Which, I am. After four years of marriage, Marcus has left us. Yes, us; not ME but US. See with the me comes the four us'es. No real reason for leaving given honestly, just a bunch of jabber. I trust that God is moving me to where he wants me in my life and I can only trust that one day Marcus will see, know and feel the mistake that he is making. I love him very much and want nothing more than to see that necessary change in order for our family to be what God has designed a family to be. But until that time comes, I can only put my hopes and prayers in Christ. Great song by the way, In Christ Alone ( my hope is found).

So in the mean time (for however long that meantime is, if it ever comes) I am going on with my life again, on my own. This part is the ME part because I am the head of this house and the provider for my family. I am the spiritual leader and I hope that I am teaching my children to rely on God.

As a matter of fact, there is a story to go along with that comment. Ryane, my 12 year old, comes into my bedroom last night complaining of her eyes bothering her. Now mind you she has been complaining of her eyes burning and itching for the past 3 days. So again we get the allergy eyedrops out and go through the process.

Afterward she says "Mom it feels like there is something in the corner of my eye and I can't get it out."
To that I reply: "You must have scratched it doing all of that rubbing the past few days, now go back to bed."
She mumbles while rubbing that very troublesome eye: "I can't. I tried but it bothers me when I close my eye."
Knowing this is another excuse to stay out of bed I say: "Ryane, just go pray about it and go to bed."
She grumbles but slowly goes back to bed.

The next morning she is getting ready for school and says "Lets put the drops in again because my eye is scratched again"
I kinda giggled and said "Well, Ryane, your eye is not going to heal overnight anyway sweetie."
She gave me a raised eyebrow and put me in my place with: "It will if I ask God to heal it."

Well, shut my mouth. What more is there to say after that one?

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Love the new blog and love you guys. When are you coming to visit again???